2.20.2019

So My Heart Dropped and Sank to the Ground. This is Couldn't Be Happening.

The long hiatus may seem like I am turning back on a lot of things that is related to fashion. But I just don't have the time and the drive to be all cheery and fashion-focused anymore. I started this blog way back in 2009 when I was still a teen obsessed with fashion and the fashion world. Don't get me wrong, I still love fashion that's probably why I had to come back today to post something that really struck a cord.

photo credits: elle



When the New York Times entered my feed, I  couldn't believe what I was reading. I was so preoccupied with the thought of his passing that my thumb could no longer scroll the screen of my phone. There it was, in bold letters. Karl Lagerfeld, Dead.

I looked up to him and the many things he does. It amazes me that he was able to define luxury and how he stayed true to his craft for so many years. I am very sad to know that one of the top fashion  designers or our times are slowly fading away and are slowly being replaced with new legends. The thought of that alone couldn't escape my mind, I hang-on to so many classic fashion designers and am deeply disheartened to know that no one as good as him could ever replace the House of Lagerfeld and Chanel. *sigh

May his soul rest in peace, I mourn with the millions of fans and the many fashionists out there! We lost a star, we lost a legend, we lost Karl. I know that the fashion world could still recover but the fashion world will surely be different without him, without his taste, with out his avant-garde grandeur. I will surely miss looking forward to his designs, I will miss him being a relevant fashion-icon.  


Goodbye Karl, thank you! You were my inspiration growing up, you gave me so much to look forward to when I was still young and innocent of the world, you inspired me to pursue fashion and to really up my taste when it comes to understanding fashion for what it truly is, you ignited hope in my heart, and for that, I will  be forever grateful.


- FASHION DOOHICKEy

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...